You’ve had a sleepless night resulting in dark circles under your eyes and you’ve developed a massive red pimple right in the middle of your face! Eeek! Why does this always happen when you least want it too?!
All you want to do is hide away until the dark under eye circles and pimple clears up but don’t despair ….. read this post of concealer tips and tricks and you’ll vanish those dark circles and pimple in no time at all!
10 Concealer Tips and Tricks
1. Concealer can be applied either under or over foundation. I recommend to use it over foundation however as you’ll need less concealer this way.
2. Blend the concealer into the surrounding skin to avoid an obvious line.
3. Set your concealer with powder.
4. Concealer can be used as an eyelid primer to keep your eye shadow in place for longer throughout the day. It also prevents the eye shadow from settling into your creases, helps even out your skin tone and brightens your eye!
5. Line the outside of your lips with concealer using a fine tipped brush to prevent your lipstick from ‘bleeding’ or ‘feathering’. This also helps to sharpen the line of your lipstick and accentuate the colour of your lips.
6. The most flattering way to conceal the dark circles under your eye is to draw an inverted triangle under your eye with concealer i.e with the triangle pointing downwards towards your cheek.
7. Apply concealer under your eye using a makeup sponge for even distribution.
8. Clean up your eyebrow area and make your eyebrows pop by lining above and below your eyebrows in concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone.
9. Concealer can be used to cover up pimples and blemishes on other parts of your body too such as your chest and back. Use a concealer that’s exactly the same shade as your skin in that region. Then set the concealer with powder.
10. For a natural looking highlight in your eye region use concealer that’s slightly lighter than your skin tone and apply around the inner ‘V’ of your eye, on the middle of your eyelid and just below your brow bone.
BONUS CONCEALER TIP because everyone loves a bonus!
When buying concealer test the shade on your neck not on your wrist or forearm.
Pin this post for future reference!
Genie Beauty Line Smoothing Concealer Review
My favourite current concealer is the Genie Beauty Products Line Smoothing Concealer. You’ll easily realise why I love it so much as you read through my following Genie Beauty Line Smoothing Concealer Review.
Thanks to the creamy formulation being infused with Safflower oil, Sweet Almond oil and Shea Butter it gives you an unbelievably smooth finish. It is so creamy and blends well.
It is also infused with 5 anti aging ingredients designed to instantly re-hydrate and smooth your skin. This is absolutely perfect for my dry 40+ year old skin! My fine lines and wrinkles look blurred immediately!
Although my skin is not oily, this concealer is reportedly suitable for oily skin too as the product contains corn starch to absorb any oil so it reduces shine while maintaining moisturisation.
Additionally I’ve found this concealer to be very long wearing and crease proof. My blemishes remained concealed all day until I cleansed my face in the evening.
The Genie Beauty Products Line Smoothing Concealer comes in three shades: Ivory, Beige and Honey. See swatches in photo below. Ivory is the best shade for my everyday concealing purposes.
These concealers are available from http://www.tvsn.com.au.
Click on this link to read my review of the amazing Genie Exfoliator 3.
Do you use concealer?
Do you have any additional concealer tips, tricks or hacks to share?
Ingrid is a lifelong beauty lover living in Australia who started Fabulous and Fun Life in 2014 to share her love of all things beauty. Having previously worked in the health industry she loves effective beauty products that are based on scientific evidence. Also being a qualified ergonomist Ingrid is especially interested in researching & testing beauty appliances to write product buying guides to help you find the best beauty appliance to suit your specific needs. Ingrid has worked with numerous beauty brands & PR companies. To contact Ingrid, visit her contact page. Ingrid’s best beauty secret is sleeping on a silk pillowcase.