L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche Lipstick is the result of an exciting collaboration between L’Oreal Paris and iconic Parisian fashion house Balmain.
It’s a limited edition collection of 12 fashion forward lipstick shades designed by Balmain Creative Director Olivier Rousteing.
The formula of all these lipsticks is the creamy L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Matte formula.
We have previously reviewed the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche La Vie En Rose Lipstick Collection of Pinks HERE.
This L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche collection is inspired by three runway themes that define Balmain’s modern tribes, namely Rock, Couture and Safari.
Each tribe distinguishes a different form of femininity with an associated earthy stone which is portrayed in the lipstick casing colour.
Each different tribe consists of four different shades, each carrying not just a name but also an attitude. This collection is designed to empower women around the world and the tagline of this collection is ‘United We Are Invincible’. A perfect slogan especially in these current times!
The Rock Collection transforms the signature edge of Balmain into bold matte lipstick statements.
This edgy Rock Collection is associated with the blue malachite stone.
The four shades in the L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche Rock Collection are:
- Legend – a taupe lipstick
- Power – a bitter chocolate brown lipstick
- Rebellion – a deep denim blue lipstick, &
- Freedom – an electrifying violet lipstick.
Click HERE to buy the four L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche Rock Collection Lipsticks.
I have to admit my Rebellion lipstick (as seen in these photos) does look a tad intimidating to me and I’m yet to wear it out and about in public! But wearing the right outfit I’m determined to rock this blue lipstick to a party or event sooner rather than later!
This glamorous Couture Collection celebrates the couture origins of Balmain and is associated with the stunning black onyx stone.
The four shades in the L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche Couture Collection are predominantly classic looking and include:
- Liberation – a deep mulberry tone lipstick
- Domination – a classic bold blue-based red crimson shade lipstick
- Confidence – a peachy nude lipstick, &
- Confession – a pearly peachy pink lipstick that can be coated on top of all the other shades in this collection (as seen in the photos in this post).
The beautiful Safari Collection is associated with green marble. It looks so stunningly stylish and is my favourite of the three different casing designs.
The Safari Collection aims to awaken a fierceness in all women.
The four shades in the L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche Safari Collection are:
- Fever – a red-orange lipstick
- Urban Safari – a fine-sand tone nude lipstick
- Balmain Instinct – a unique khaki toned metallic lipstick, &
- Glamazone – a grey brown (as seen in these photos).
L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche Lipstick Swatches
I was thrilled to receive the three L’Oreal Paris x Balmain Colour Riche lipsticks photographed throughout this blog post, one from each of the themed collections.
The lipsticks I received are:
- Rebellion from the Rock Collection
- Confession from the Couture Collection, &
- Glamazone from the Safari Collection.
All three are boldly pigmented and beautifully creamy.
I have previously reviewed the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Matte Addiction lipsticks HERE.
L’Oreal have also collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld to create a makeup range. Read our review of it HERE.
Which of these L’Oreal Paris x Balmain lipsticks appeals to you the most?
* The above lipsticks were kindly gifted to me for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Full disclosure policy here.
Ingrid is a lifelong beauty lover living in Australia who started Fabulous and Fun Life in 2014 to share her love of all things beauty. Having previously worked in the health industry she loves effective beauty products that are based on scientific evidence. Also being a qualified ergonomist Ingrid is especially interested in researching & testing beauty appliances to write product buying guides to help you find the best beauty appliance to suit your specific needs. Ingrid has worked with numerous beauty brands & PR companies. To contact Ingrid, visit her contact page. Ingrid’s best beauty secret is sleeping on a silk pillowcase.